Scholarships for Technical Certification Programs for South Hayward Residents
The Koshland Opportunity Scholarship is a scholarship a program for the academic year 2019- 2020.
20 scholarships of up to $3000 are available to cover tuition and registration fees.
Stipends under $600 will be considered for additional program expenses (equipment,
uniforms, books, transportation, etc.)
Applicants will be selected via Holistic Review, which allows reviewers to prioritize primary
focus considerations below while evaluating the entire application pool.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Applicants to this scholarship must meet four eligibility requirements:
PROGRAM TYPE: Applicants must plan to enroll in a technical certification program (Technology, Green Energy, Skilled Trades or Health Care) beginning Fall 2018.
INSTITUTION : Applicant’s program of choice must be a Hayward public accredited educational institution (Chabot College, California State University East Bay Continuing Education Program, Eden Area ROP, The Hayward Adult School).
SOUTH HAYWARD RESIDENT: Applicants must live in South Hayward. Preference given for residents of Jackson Triangle/ Harder Tennyson neighborhoods (defined as zip code 94544, or recent students of Hayward High or Tennyson High.)
DEMONSTRATED FINANCIAL NEED: Applicant must demonstrates financial need and current or past barriers to realizing a certification program.
Relevant Certificate Programs from our Partner Institutions:
· Advanced Manufacturing Technology
· Architecture Technology
· Automotive Chassis Technology
· Automotive Maintenance Technology
· Welding Certificate of Proficiency
· Tool Maker
· Software Specialist
· Medical Assisting
· Industrial Electronic Technology
· Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Vehicles
· Health Care Management
· Fire Technology
· Consumer Technology
· Automotive Engine Performance
· Automotive Drive Train
Yvonne Craig, Director of Grants
· Certificate in Medical Terminology
· Certificate in Pharmacy Technician
· Certificate in Freight Broker/Agent Training
· Certificate in Veterinary Assistant
Programs Given at 1000 Broadway in Oakland:
· Certificate in Construction Management
· Certificate in EKG Technician
· Certificate in Medical Billing and Coding
Dianna Wheaton: (510) 885-2305 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(for Pharmacy Technician Certificate)
Jonathan Cooper: (510) 885-2321 or email@example.com
(for all other certificate programs)
· Computer Repair ($45/semester)
· Optometric Assistant (Free)
· Dental Assisting (and Registered DA)
· Electrical Training
· Medical Assisting
· Welding Technology